Let’s take some time and talk about the reasons why we love beer cans.
Advantages of Cans
- Blocks Light: Protects the beer from UV rays and prolongs life
- Less Oxygen Intrusion: Beer has a longer shelf life
- Mobility: Lightweight and can be packed easily; lower weight means lower emissions on transportation and distribution
- Great Outdoors: More widely accepted than glass in public places; unbreakable and easy to store
- Recyclability: More recyclable than glass; easy to recycle with less energy
We’ve come a long way since 2015 when we first introduced canned beers at Firestone Walker. Starting with Union Jack, Easy Jack and Pivo six packs, Firestone now has over 10 beers available in cans, some of which are exclusively available in cans (not bottles) including Mind Haze, Flyjack and Rosalie.
“Cans do a great job of blocking UV light and maintaining a great seal, but on top of that they’re just fun,” said Brewmaster Matt Brynildson. “They’re light and they carry anywhere.”
Just as brewers throughout the ages have toiled to create beer using resources close at hand, we continually strive to fine-tune our operations so that we can create world-class brews in a beautiful locale for generations to come. Learn more about our sustainability efforts.
— Matt Brynildson
Cans do a great job of blocking UV light and maintaining a great seal, but on top of that they’re just fun.
Want to learn more about our brewery and get a behind-the-scenes look at our canning line? Consider booking a tour of the Paso Robles campus.
Our Paso Robles Visitor’s Center offers tours, tasting & an exclusive view into the brewing world of Firestone Walker. We offer 14 of our finest beers on draft served by Cicerone Certified Beer Servers with a small selection of to-go beer.
*NOTE: All brewery tours are canceled for the time being. Check back soon when tours and our Visitor’s Center is back open. Cheers!